Posts Tagged ‘Annual Parish Meeting’

REPORT OF THE PARISH COUNCIL: 20th March, from Cllr David Wyatt

April 9, 2012

The formal Parish Council meeting was preceded by comment from members of the public and County and District Councillors’ reports. Reports received from County Cllr. Reynolds and the District Cllrs. were duly noted.

During the Parish Council meeting the following topics were discussed.

Village Plan A meeting of the Village Plan Implementation Sub-Committee was held prior to the Parish Council meeting and discussion took place on affordable housing, the Newsletter, flood reference, footpaths and Village infrastructure.

Fan Noise  Cllr Rosewell raised the concern of Scotland Road residents regarding noise from drying fans which run 24 hrs during harvest. The Parish Council registered this issue and the situation will be monitored.

Jubilee  Various  Tree and flower planting schemes were proposed.

Litter The Parish Council noted complaints about litter and fly-tipping, which is a punishable offence, on the roads and Village outskirts.

Open Spaces Survey This will be completed and submitted.

Tree Works None to report.

Planning  No new applications.

Finance and Disbursements The monthly finance report was considered. The following payments were approved, HMRC £24.33, LGS Services (Admin support) £293.23, LG Stoehr £97.56. CALC (allotment training) £55.00. The invoices were checked by the signatories before payment.

The next meeting of the Parish Council will be the Annual Parish Meeting, on 17th, April,2012  with its ‘organisation reports’ and the Parish Council AGM will take place on 15th, May, 2012.  The Community is reminded that Parish Council agenda items should be sent to the Parish Clerk, in writing, at least 14 days prior to the Parish Council meeting and that village groups and organisations are invited to forward short reports on their activities to all Council meetings. Every Village group and organisation should attend the Annual Parish Meeting and plead their case for a grant, if such is required.

Agenda for the March Meeting

March 14, 2012

Clerk to the Parish Council – Mrs Gail Stoehr, 30 West Drive, Highfields Caldecote, Cambridge, CB23 7NY Tel 01954 210241 E-mail: drydraytonpcpc@lgs-services.co.uk Fax 0870 705 2759

PARISH OF DRY DRAYTON (South Cambridgeshire District) – Notice of Meeting

I hereby give notice that the Meeting of Dry Drayton Parish Council will be held In the Village Hall on Tuesday 20 March at 8pm The Public and Press are cordially invited to be present.

All members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend for the purpose of considering and resolving upon the business to be transacted at the Meeting as set out hereunder.

Mrs Gail Stoehr Clerk 14/03/12

AGENDA

1. Apologies for absence and declarations of interest Comments and observations from members of the public and District & County Councillors’ reports

2. To approve the minutes of the last meeting on 21 February 2012. Draft minutes of the February Meeting are here.

3. Matters arising from the last meeting not included elsewhere on this agenda

3.1 To set the date for the Annual Parish Meeting

4. Finance and procedure

4.1 Finance report and to approve the payment of bills

5. Members’ Reports and items

5.1 Village Plan (NI)

5.2 Marking the Queens Jubilee (NI)

5.3 Litter alongside Oakington Road (PF)

5.4 Car parking on pavements and car sales from Village Green

5.5 Sale of land at Crafts Hill.

6. To consider any planning and tree works applications

6.1 Planning applications received

6.1 S/0388/12/OL Land south of Longstanton Park and Ride and adjacent to B1050 at Station Road, Longstanton and Hatton’s Road, Longstanton -Phase 1 outline application

6.2 S/0390/12/MP East of Longstanton & north of Oakington – Development Framework Document containing a refreshed master plan and development principles for Northstowe, including the long term reserve land, for a scheme of up to 10,000 dwellings and development of associated infrastructure and complementary uses

6.3 S/0419/12/FL – Scotland Farm – Erection of lean-to extension to house fans and additional hardstanding (Part Retrospective) 6.2 SCDC Decision Notices 6.3 Tree Works

7. To consider correspondence received

7.1 SCDC – Open Spaces Survey

7.2 NALC – Localism and Neighbourhood planning

8. Closure of meeting and date of next meeting

Report of the Parish Council Meeting held on 21st February 2012

March 7, 2012

REPORT OF THE PARISH COUNCIL: 21st February, from Cllr David Wyatt

The formal Parish Council meeting was preceded by comment from members of the public and County and District Councillors’ reports. Reports received from County Cllr. Reynolds and the District Cllrs. were duly noted.

During the Parish Council meeting the following topics were discussed. Village Plan As noted previously, revision of the Plan and associated working group membership continues. The next meeting of the working groups will take place prior to the Parish Council meeting on 20/03/2012.

Traffic and Speed limit Policy on Scotland Road.  Cllr Rosewell continues to monitor progress on this project and will attend any site visits from the panel.

Biodiversity Survey  V Perrin was thanked for his outstanding survey and suggestions for  ‘village walks’ and other exploitation of the Village environment were put forward. This will be an agenda item for future meetings when its full implications will be discussed. As noted previously, ‘Survey of the green spaces’ by V. Perrin is to be printed by Cllr Irish and circulated.

Tree Planting. This topic was discussed in the ‘Jubilee Tree Project’ context with reference to individual and organizational donations of single trees or groups of trees.

Planning  No new applications received.

CCC Community Hubs  There is an initiative from the CCC to explore with Parish Councils and residents the feasibility of creating a ‘hub’ at Bar Hill to improve access to public services at Bar Hill and surrounding villages. A meeting, open to local Councillors, is to be arranged

Finance and Disbursements The monthly finance report was considered. The following payments were approved, HMRC £24.37, LGS Services (Admin support) £289.11, LG Stoehr  £97.48. The invoices were checked by the signatories before payment.

The next meeting of the Parish Council is on 20th, March, 2012 and it should be noted that the ‘Annual Parish Meeting’ with its ‘organisation reports’ and the ‘Annual Parish Council Meeting’ will take place individually in the following two months.

The Community is reminded that Parish Council agenda items should be sent to the Parish Clerk, in writing, at least 14 days prior to the Parish Council meeting and that village groups and organisations are invited to forward short reports on their activities to all Council meetings. Every Village group and organisation should attend the Annual Parish Meeting and plead their case for a grant, if such is required.

Report on the April 2010 meetings

May 16, 2010

The April Parish Council meeting was preceded by the Annual Parish Meeting and Annual reports were received from named representatives.

• Allotments Mr. G Carter
• Townlands Charity Mr. G Carter
• Neighbourhood Watch Mr. R Burton
• Village Hall Mr. D Wyatt
• S and VA Mr. D Wyatt
• District Council Mr. R Hall
• Parish Council Dr. N Irish

Mr. G Carter was re-appointed as representative of the Allotment Committee and Mr. R Burton was re-elected as Neighbourhood Watch representative.

The Chairman agreed to make enquiries regarding the new ‘Clean Up’ scheme, proposed by the District Council, and the Annual Parish Meeting closed with the Chairman thanking the representatives for their reports and work throughout the past year.

The Parish Council meeting then commenced and the following items were discussed:

Village Plan Work continues on this project which will be fully reported in the Annual Parish Council Meeting on 18/05/2010.

Housing Needs Survey Findings will be presented by Miss Shilton, the Rural Housing Enabler, at the meeting on 18/05/2010.

A14, improvement schemes A pre-inquiry meeting is to be held in St. Ives on 24/05/2010.

Finance Disbursements were £40.50, Ramblers Association Fee, and £199.64, CALC Associated fee.

Training The Tree Officer reported on this specialist subject training as comprehensive, combining definition with advice on all aspects of trees and woodland.

The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on 18th May 2010; this will be the Annual Parish Council Meeting.

The Community is reminded that Parish Council agenda items should be sent to the Parish Clerk, in writing, at least 14 days prior to the Parish Council meeting and that village organisations are invited to forward short reports on their activities to Council meetings.