This meeting followed the published agenda. The following topics were discussed or reviewed.
1. Housing Needs and Warren’s Field proposal The Chairman reported a meeting with Miss Newstead, the housing development manager for SCD Council, who confirmed the standard procedure for provision of housing following a formal housing survey. Miss Newstead had noted the comments made at the October Parish Council meeting and it was unlikely that planning would be granted for the proposed site on Warren’s Field. She volunteered to explore the Village, in company with a Parish Council representative, to assess the possibilities of other, more suitable, building sites and the Chairman will arrange this survey.
2. Village Plan. Work continues on various aspects of this plan.
3. Cycle Path, Drift to Bar Hill. Work almost completed. There will be a site meeting to discuss the economics of appropriate signage and an end barrier.
4. Sustainable Biodiversity Group. Nothing to report.
5. Extension to lay-by at Methodist Church. A meeting with the Highways division revealed that finance for such a modification is not available.
6. Grass Cutting. It was agreed to accept the tender of Mr. W G Round.
7. Best Kept Village Competition. This year there will not be a competition.
8. Finance. Disbursements were £290.46 for grass cutting. £84.00 had been received for allotment rents.
9. Salt Bins. Two bins have been delivered and placed in the agreed positions.
10. Retirement of Parish Clerk. Mrs. L Volans, after twenty eight years of exemplary service, is retiring from the position of Parish Clerk but will continue in this role until the end of the financial year (31/03/2011). Applicants for this important post should contact the Parish Council Chairman.
The next meeting of the Parish Council is in January, 2011, but a meeting will be convened if business of an urgent nature arises. The Community is reminded that Parish Council agenda items should be sent to the Parish Clerk, in writing, at least 14 days prior to the Parish Council meeting and that village organisations are invited to forward short reports on their activities to Council meetings.
Tags: Best kept village, Cycle Path, Finance, grass cutting, Housing Needs Survey, Lay-by Methodist Church, Parish Clerk, Salt bins, Sustainable Biodiversity Group, Vacancy, Village Plan, Warren's Field