1. Village Plan. As the Parish Council is responsible for recording the activities of the Village Plan Implementation Committee and reporting its activities to the Annual Parish Meeting, the Chairman reported on the last meeting of this special Committee. The availability of land suitable for a children’s play area is being explored and a working party on this issue is to be formed. It was noted that three Parish Councils are now involved in the negotiations for a safer cycle way into Cambridge.
2. Housing Needs Survey. Documents related to this survey, implemented by the Rural Housing Enabler have been circulated. Findings and conclusions are awaited.
3. Footpaths. Clearances continue. The Probation Officer is organising a survey and relevant work. The expense involved in spreading ‘chippings’ is being investigated. As noted, the new footpath map is available.
4. Vacancy. Mr. Richard Stamford has been co-opted as a Parish Councillor for Dry Drayton.
5. A14, improvement schemes. The Parish Council monitors the works proposed and is concerned about the possible increase in traffic through the Village. Correspondence on this important matter continues.
6. Road Gritting. Two ‘gritting bins’ have been ordered from the Highways Department.
7. Finance. Disbursements were £30.00 for Countryside Watch, £20.04 for allotment water rate and £336.91 for street lighting.
8. Training. Two councillors requested training on specialist subjects, agreed.
9. Planning Applications. There were no new applications.
The Community is reminded that Parish Council agenda items should be sent to the Parish Clerk, in writing, at least 14 days prior to the Parish Council meeting and that village organisations are invited to forward short reports on their activities to Council meetings.